Monday, January 14, 2008

Hot Water Music-A Flight and a Crash






Hot Water Music has a bit of an interesting history with me. When I first heard them, I thought that they were really boring and just quite unimpressive. This was of course during those days when I would jerk off endlessly to NOFX and Pennywise. Now that I look back on it though, I'm really upset I didn't get into them sooner, because they are really something special. Filled to the brim with incredibly thought provoking and emotional songwriting and some really fantastic harmonic interplay. Chuck Ragan and Chris Wollard's alcohol and smoke damaged vocals really add to the raw emotion of it all as well. This is, in my opinion, probably one of their best albums, with only Caution and possibly Fuel for the Hate Game overtaking it. If you like rough hewn but melodic and emotional music, this is surely something you shouldn't pass up.

Hot Water Music called it quits back in early 2006, but have recently reunited in support of their upcoming b-sides collection 'Til the Wheels Fall Off due on January 15th, 2008 on No Idea Records. They are also playing one of four reunion shows at the House of Blues Orlando with Samiam on January 19th.

Note: Click on the album artwork to be redirected to the download page.

No comments: